Anne Schwegmann-Fielding is a well renowned British Sculptor and Mosaic Artist. She has been working on public and private commissions since the early 1990’s creating panels and sculptures for hospitals, businesses, gardens, schools and homes. Anne works from her studio in Colchester, Essex
She is fascinated by the re-use and recycling of materials. This is reflected in her work, which focuses on the transformation of everyday objects. Tools and utensils in particular are transformed with the use of broken crockery, shattered glass and jewellery. She works mainly to commission but also exhibits her work around the country.
Anne has taught a number of courses on mosaic and worked with children, adults and community groups to create both individual and large scale mosaics.
Her use of recycled materials has led to projects in a variety of settings, commissions, clients and projects include:
* Symington Building, Market Harborough
* Kent Library & History Centre, Maidstone
* Channel 4 Kirstie’s Homemade Home, BBC2 Escape to the Country, Fantasy rooms
* European Commission, London – Solo Show “Reincarnated”
* Broomfield, Essex County and Colchester Hospitals,
* Google, Zeitgeist Conference
* Crittall Windows
* Colchester Zoo
* Research residency at Arts Reverie, Gujarat, India
* Residencies at Writtle College and the Gardens of Easton Lodge.
* Barratt Homes, Colchester.
* International Symposium; Thuringen, Germany and Vorsicht Kunst, Meiningen
* London Garden Show, Alexandra Palace (Gold Medal, Best in Show)
Anne exhibits nationally and internationally and has work in private collections. She is a professional member of BAMM (British Association for Modern Mosaic)
If you would like to discuss your requirements before the course, Anne can be contacted on 01206 870337 or by email [email protected]ail.com. Do have a look at her website: www.anneschwegmann-fielding.com